email@example.com. Information on unzipping & file transfer can be found in the help menu on your laptop or desktop computer (location: Start button , then look for Help & Support, type in Unzipping files.
Q: Why do I have to enter any of my information or payment information when ordering FREE patterns?
A: We have to have registration information for customers who would like to receive all downloadable products, including the freebies. You will be asked for payment information on freebies also, but if you have not already provided preferred payment information upon registration you can select Check/MO as the payment & will still be able to proceed with an order that contains only free patterns or catalog. The download will still be available right away, as there won't be any payment due. If you have selected Paypal as your preferred payment method, you may need to enter 1 penny ($0.01) when you get to page that processes Paypal transactions, as Paypal will not process any order that is for an amount of zero. These are Paypal rules, not our rules.
Q: What are your shipping costs?
A: You can view an estimate of shipping costs by viewing your cart. However, final shipping costs will be displayed on the Invoice you see before confirming your order. You may choose from several shipping methods during checkout. If you are purchasing downloadable patterns only, please leave all the shipping information as the default that shows up or you will be charged shipping. If you leave it alone you won't. The system will know that you want downloads & shouldn't charge shipping. If you purchase a physical product at the same time as downloadable products the order will get stuck in shipping until we push the order through. Please do not attempt to download until we've pushed that order. It won't be successful & forces us to reset your order in addition to pushing it through shipping. This can be prevented by ordering downloads separate from physical products, which we recommend.
Q: What free software can I use to resize & print the PDF files that I've purchased?
A: Download Inkscape ( www.inkscape.org ) and request the free tutorial by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org that covers basic command locations & setting up pantos for self printing. you can also download & use the Drawing program that is part of Open Office Productivity Suite. We have no support for the Open Office Drawing program. We highly recommend Inkscape as there are also videos on YouTube to help you with its general use. The general use videos are not necessarily geared toward quilting patterns, but are good general information.
Q: I am having trouble using my DXF files for Statler Stitcher, what's wrong?
A: You should only order the DXF format listed on our site if you can not find any other machine specific format listed for your system. ALL OF OUR MACHINE SPECIFIC FORMATS CONTAIN THE DXF FILE USED TO CREATE THE COMMAND FILE FOR THAT SYSTEM. So there is no need to order DXF in order to get a DXF file. It will automatically be included in the zip folder that contains the command file. The DXF file that has _X or _Statler in the name of the file is the DXF file that we've added the macros to that allow Statler Stitcher to read that file. Statler doesn't read a plain DXF file. You will get a CAD error message. If you get one, please look for the QLI file or the DXF that is designed for Statler systems. The QLI will always be arc based digitizing.
Q: Can I use these patterns for hand quilting or on my domestic sewing machine?
A: Yes, Download the design files in the PDF format. It is specifically geared toward printing of paper patterns. Then mark as you normally would. You can now use them for a domestic machine quilting guide or for hand quilting. To order: Choose Delivery Method = DOWNLOAD and Format = PDF or INCLUSIVE (then lists PDF as one of the available formats). You can also order our patterns printed & shipped to you. To do this: Pick Delivery Method = SHIP & Format = PAPER, then pick the size you’d like shipped to you. Email us for specific instructions on printing continuous pantograph patterns, if you’d like to download, resize & print patterns on your own printer, email@example.com
Q: What file should I download for my embroidery machine?
A: You should choose the format that says "EMB" (Embroidery) & it will download a zip folder that will contain multiple embroidery files that are specifically suited for the type of embroidery format that your machine uses. You will only need to extract/unpack the type of file that you need, but it won't hurt anything if you unpack the entire zip folder - you will just have extra files taking up space. You can delete those if you want, keeping only the one that you need for your machine. I personally would keep all of them somewhere, just in case I changed machine brands sometime in the future. The embroidery formats that we support are as follows: PES, DST, EXP, PCS, HUS, VIP, JEF, SEW, CSD, & XXX . We are removing Embroidery formats from our quilting site and they will be available on our dedicated embroidery site, www.digitechembroidery.com Please look on the embroidery site if you need embroidery formats.
COPYRIGHT & LICENSING INFORMATION - Please read before purchasing:
Purchase of designs constitutes knowledge & agreement to the following terms
1) Our designs in their general purchase directly from the site are a 3 seat package. A customer with an Individual use purchase (those normally associated with the purchase of patterns from our site) may install the pattern that they have purchased on upto 3 quilting systems that are owned by said licensee/customer. If a pattern is to be used on more than 3 machines a commercial licensing package will need to be obtained. Licensee may use patterns at their discretion in their “cottage industry” by themselves or their employee(s).
2) This does not include rental customers. Options for rental customers are as follows: Rental customers will need to purchase the design themselves or Shop owner must obtain commercial licensing package from Digi-Tech which will allow the use by renters on machines, on up to 3 machine systems owned by business/shop owner. (See #3 for those terms.)
3) Commercial licensing is based on level of use and will be paid yearly at the 4 lowest levels, quarterly at the highest level. Up to 50 uses per year = $2.00 per use with a $50 initial licensing commitment. Over 50 & up to 250 uses = $1.00 per use ($250/year), up to 500 uses $.75 per use ($375), up to 1000 uses $.50 per use ($500/year) beyond 1000 uses per year or unlimited lifetime license would be $0.25/use to be paid quarterly along with use reports submitted for verification. At such time that pattern is no longer to be used in a commercial aspect a notarized letter stating such patterns retirement from use will be mailed to Digi-Tech Designs, LLC , 1004 Daniels Av, Altoona, WI 54720. Commercial licensing may be applied to rental shops/studios instead of the rental customer purchasing each pattern themselves, or the shop owner purchasing the patterns at wholesale minimums & then reselling them to each customer.
4) In the event that licensee sells their current machine system they are permitted to transfer the pattern license to the new owner, however they are not allowed to keep any copies of the patterns that will have licensing transferred. This means that if you have the patterns on multiple systems & sell one system and want to offer the pattern license transfer with that system you MUST remove that pattern from any other systems that you currently have it on as well. We also request that a written list of pattern files to be included in licensing transfer be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can update customer records, as we do have a complete database of patterns ordered & therefore who retains the current license.
5) If a licensee is changing computerized systems, Digi-Tech will make every effort to assist the customer in updating their pattern files to the formats that will work with their new system, with the condition that they will not be offering pattern licensing transfer of the specific patterns for which format updating has been requested to the new owner of the previous system. Upon request to update a format, licensee automatically agrees that this pattern is not currently part of a license transfer process. Additionally, we support the copyright protection afforded to the designers that work with us to the full extent. By purchasing or downloading any designs from this site you are agree to the terms of copyright protection under the law. No copyright information shall be stripped from downloaded files. This extends to all file types. The copyright information contained within the image, PDF & WMF files will extend to the other digital files contained within any zip file packaging that customer downloads, regardless of whether specific copyright information is contained within executable command files used to operate any CNC, CAM, or CAD dependent machinery. Users shall not redistribute files, packaged information, or reproduce said files in any way, other than 1 copy for backup purposes and to install on up to 3 systems at your 1 location. - If you have any questions regarding the extent of copyright protection please see Federal Copyright Law, or you may email email@example.com for the website that pertains to Federal Copyright Law.
Q: What should I do if I am having trouble or getting an error message, like "you have to be a registered customer to order this item"?
A: 1) Make sure that you are putting in the correct email & password. They are both case sensitive. 2) If you have clicked on the Yellow Paypal button, please try clicking on the Blue Sign In button (even if you have signed in earlier). You have to do this if you are ordering digital products. You will be able to select Paypal for payment in step 4 of checkout after signing in. This is the problem 90% of the time following the Checkout & Download Instructions below is recommended.
If you need additional assistance please let us know & we will be happy to help. This is our #1 tech support question and we would move or get rid of that Yellow Paypal button if we could. We continue to work on that issue.
Digi-Tech Downloading Instructions: From Homepage to Your Computer:
Once you’ve placed your order, you will then be ready to start the download process. Go to our homepage & click on the large blue button on the left side that says Download Files. That will take you to our Service Page where you will find ared link that says "Download Product Files". Click on that. Sign in if asked to do so & you will be taken to the Download list. On the Download List please click on the stock/item number. It will usually have a file name then dot zip at the end. You will be downloading a zip file. You will then be given the option of Open, Save, Save As (with the down arrow next to Save), or Cancel. It will be a pop up window on older browsers, or a bar at the bottom for newer browsers. Mac Users will not always have these choices, as it will generally download directly to the Downloads folder. When you download you need to click ‘save’ or ‘save as’. You will have the choice of ‘open’ as well, but that only opens the file on our server & doesn’t save it to your computer. If you pick ‘save’ the zip file will usually go to a folder on your computer called Downloads. If you pick ‘save as’ then you’ll have a choice of where you want to save the zip file.
Once the file has completed downloading you will need to unzip/extract the zip (compressed zip) folder. Go to the place that you selected the file to be saved to and you will need to unzip/extract the zip file. The instructions for this are in your help menu of your regular computer by searching the help menu for 'unzip' or 'extract' zip folders. Basic instructions are as follows: Right click on the zip file once, then select ‘extract’ or ‘extract all’ then a window will pop up asking for a location or lists a location & has a browse button next to the location listed. Just leave that as it is, then click ‘extract’ or ‘next’ which would be posted near the bottom right of that popped up request option. Now there will be a regular folder & the zip folder of the same name in the same location. Go ahead and open the regular/normal looking folder as you normally would. You will see many different files since you we support many different machine systems. There will usually be about 14-16 file formats in the folder. You will look for the format (file extension after the name, usually 2-4 characters after the dot) that your computerized system uses. If you are not sure what format you use please consult your manual or your dealer. RIGHT click on the format that you need. Select ‘copy’ from the pop up menu. It will look like nothing has happened, that's normal. Now open your flash/USB drive or SD card (depends on what your quilting system uses) and RIGHT click in a spot that is blank on the window for that device. Now select ‘paste’. The file that you copied should now appear. Then take the USB/Flash drive/SD card over to your quilting system and use the pattern.
Side note: Some computerized quilting systems have separate software for laying out the pattern in rows or blocks, while others have it built in. You will need to find out whether or not you need to open the file in a separate software & resize/edit/layout the pattern the way you want first before taking it to the quilting system. If so then please do that before taking the file to your system. If you have specific questions about your computerized quilting software we will try to help but our expertise extends to downloading, transferring designs to all systems, training on the Intelliquilter system & a variety of software programs. Your dealer should be able to answer any questions specifically involving your computerized quilting software, computerized system, or your training needs. We can help with much of this but we do need to charge for our time if it involves training you to use your system's software if you have not purchased your quilting system/software from us. We also need to have this type of consultation scheduled by appointment.
We recommend that all customers try out a few of our free patterns to practice downloading. You will have 1 try at downloading each pattern by default, but we can reset an item if something doesn’t work the way you expected. We just need you to email with your order date or order number (NOT the confirmation number), the item number, and of course your full name and a request to reset the item. We’ll reset it so that a couple more attempts are allowed and you’ll get an email confirming that we’ve reset the item. We check emails about every hour during our regular support hours & occasionally after hours & on weekends and take care of resets & questions at that time.
ORDER RECOVERY SERVICES: We will help you to receive your files. Usually we just need to reset the downloads, but occassionally we will need to email the files directly to you or resend a link to you that utilizes an alternative file service. If that is the case you will generally have 14 days before that link expires. Please download within that time so that we do not have to repeat the process. We request that customer save a backup copy of the complete zip file for each item so that there will be a backup copy as all computers eventually expire or experience issues that may require that you restore or recover pattern files. We will provide recovery &/or resetting service of your orders within 30 days from the date of order for free. We will provide a 1 time recovery of orders placed within the last 2 years if you have a computer crash, etc. Beyond these time limits or if we need to provide recovery & resending services we will do so at a rate of $50/hour with a 1/2 hour minimum, to cover labor costs associated with the process. We recommend to all customers that they archive/store a copy of the complete zip file in a separate external hard drive, cloud drive, online file storage service or something similar, so that there is a backup copy available as ALL computers have a limited lifespan. This will also provide you with other file formats needed in the event that you change computerized quilting systems.
Thank you & if you still have questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org